Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby FINS 2

Last week I called FINS to get Tripp signed up for swim lessons for the summer. The owner told me it was mandatory for all children to take Baby FINS 1 if they have never been to FINS swim lessons before. I asked her what the difference was between Baby FINS 1 and 2 and explained that Tripp was really comfortable in the water. She didn't budge on the Baby FINS 1 but told me we could go this past Saturday to try the class out. Kent, Tripp and I went on Saturday around 2. Tripp had a blast, as we knew he would. He did things I didn't even think he would do. The instructor threw a ring on the top stair and started explaining, "now to get him to put his face in the water..." she was cut off by Tripp diving face first under the water to pick the ring up! I was shocked I didn't even think he would just go for it! She also sat him on a raft and said, "now let him just naturally fall face forward and catch him right under the water and bring him up." I was like, "ummm I don't think so" so I let her do it. Tripp loved being under the water and having her catch him! After the 30 minute trail class the instructor said, "I would recommend signing him up for Baby FINS 2, he doesn't need Baby FINS 1." :) The only thing Tripp wasn't good at was waiting to get in the water...you are supposed to hold him on the edge and say, "are you ready...1...2...3" and let them fall to you in the water...Tripp would just jump in immediately, we will have to keep working on that one...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, so we're gonna need to get the underwater camera ready for our next pool outing. Underwater baby photos are freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete