Monday, August 2, 2010

Rough Night!

Tripp had a rough night sleep last night, which in turns means daddy and I didn't get any sleep either. We know he has just cut two new teeth and that two more are on their way out, so I am sure that is mostly to blame, but I also think he might be having growing pains. I swear when I looked at him last night he was like 2 inches taller. He went to sleep fairly easily but woke up after about an hour screaming. He usually cries when he wakes up in the middle of the night but it is typically just a whimper...he had tear coming down his face and everything last night. When I picked him up he didn't stop crying either, which has pretty much never happened. He is happy as can be anytime he is being held. So I took him in our bed and he was really restless. Dada them picked him up and laid on the couch with him till he finally went to sleep. When he brought him back in our bed he was wiggly again so I went to the guest bedroom to hold him and sleep. I even let him sleep on a pillow which always knocks him right out, not last night though! So with him crying I went in the living room and rocked him while watching two full episodes of the TO Show, which is better than Family Matters - the show I used to watch while breast feeding. By this time it had been 6 hours so we gave him some more medicine and prayed he would fall asleep. Which he finally did about 4am. I know Kent and I slept a little, I just don't remember sleeping for even an hour and we definitely don't feel rested. Poor little guy, I hope he gets better soon!!! And I hope he doesn't sleep all day at daycare!

2 comments:

  1. Favorite Nephew -- Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Poor little guy. Poor mommy and daddy. Hope he's better tonight!

    ReplyDelete